Tallaght University Hospital is now offering online video consultations to our patients in a number of our outpatient services, where your doctor or nurse has identified you as suitable for this type of appointment.
We recognise that travelling to a hospital appointment is not always convenient and can sometimes be costly and time consuming. Video consultations provide an alternative way to attend your hospital appointment, without the inconvenience of travel. Therefore, if you do not need an investigation, blood test or physical examination, your clinician may offer you a video consultation.
Attend Anywhere is for patients with pre-arranged appointment times only. You can use Attend Anywhere on a PC, Mac or an iOS/Android device, using a Google Chrome (for PC/Mac/all mobile devices)/Apple Safari (for Macs and iOS devices) browser. Attend Anywhere will not work on Internet Explorer. Download Google Chrome or Safari for free.
For document information on How to use Attend Anywhere - Click Here
How do I use this service?
You will receive an appointment letter as normal, with the time and date of the appointment and the name of the video call service you will be attending.
There are a few things that we ask that you to do, in advance, to prepare for this:
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (available: Here)
- Carry out a ‘Test Call’ to test that; you are using the correct web browser, your equipment works and you have a strong internet connection
To carry out Test Call, follow the instructions below:
- Use the device that you plan to use during your appointment (i.e. your smart phone, tablet or desktop) & the best internet connection available to you.
- Click on: ‘Test Call’ and follow the instructions.
- If you encounter any issues with the test call, please refer to the Troubleshooting Leaflet available: Here
- If you want to change your appointment for any reason, call the phone number on on your appointment letter.
What do I need to do on the day of the appointment?
- Ensure you have a quiet, private place to make the call from; try to limit background noise (like children or pets)
- Try to limit background noise (like children or pets)
- Have your appointment letter to hand
- Start connecting your call at least 5 minutes before your appointment. You will be taken through a series of steps to ensure that your equipment is set up correctly. Once the steps have been completed, you will be prompted to enter your name and telephone number and accept the terms and conditions. This information is not stored beyond the length of the video call.
Accessing your video call:
- Click on the ‘waiting room’ button below, for the service you will be attending (this will be written on your appointment letter). You will enter the waiting room until your consultation begins. You will see yourself on the video and hear music. The 'waiting room' is private and you will not see other patients.
- Wait for the health professional to connect to your call at the planned appointment time. In the event that they are running late, we ask you to please be patient and remain waiting in the online waiting room. When the consultation is ready to begin, your image will shrink and move to the corner of the screen and you will see your clinician.
- The video call is free (except your internet usage charge) and data is not used whilst you are in the waiting room.
For more information about Attend Anywhere and how to use it, please Click Here for Video Tutorials
Please only enter the waiting rooms below if you have been offered a Video Call appointment by your clinician/service.
Patients without a Video Call Appointment will not be seen.