On Day of Admission:
Being admitted to a Hospital may seem daunting and make you feel anxious, however, the staff at Tallaght University Hospital are dedicated to your care and wellbeing please tell them if you are feeling anxious or having any questions.
What Do I Bring?
You will only need essential items, such as:
- Any equipment used in your care (i.e., crutches, prosthetics, C-pap machine, hearing aids, eyeglasses, etc.)
- You may want to bring some books / magazines to read during your stay
- A notebook and pen to keep a record of any questions you may have, keep note of information you have been given or a record of any follow up appointments you need to attend
- Private insurance or medical card details
Please Do Not Bring?
- Large sums of money
- Jewellery - If you are admitted without advance preparation, ask family members or friends to take your jewellery home.
- Other valuables - For safety reasons, electronics, laptops, iPods and iPads should not be kept in your possession while in the hospital.