Tel 01 414 3601 or 01 414 3536
How to find us
The public entrance for the Emergency Department (ED) at Tallaght University Hospital (TUH) is opposite the multi-storey car park.
Only hospital staff can access the ED from inside the main hospital.
The busy, modern Adult ED at TUH provides a 24 hour emergency service, 365 days a year and sees over 50,000 adult patients a year. Approximately 28% of patients attending the ED are admitted to the hospital.
The Department is made up of:
- Five Resuscitation Cubicles (Zone 1)
- 18 Major cubicles (Zone 1)
- Eight cubicles for ambulatory care and minor injuries (Zone 2)
- Two Psychiatry Assessment rooms
- Two Triage Rooms
- Three Rapid Assessment cubicles.
- Two Isolation rooms and one single room