In our Operating Theatre Department our goal is to care for individuals undergoing invasive surgical and/or anaesthetic procedures in a holistic manner to ensure safe, effective and efficient patient care.
A systematic approach to holistic care must maintain the identity and dignity of each individual patient without prejudice to health status, their nationality, creed, or other beliefs.
Our patients will be cared for by appropriately qualified staff in a safe supportive environment whilst in the peri-operative environment.
The Operating Theatre Department at Tallaght University Hospital provides round the clock scheduled and emergency surgery and critical care services for adult and paediatric patients at Tallaght University Hospital. The department is staffed by
- 127 Nurses
- Nine Healthcare Assistants
- 15 Theatre Porters
- 22 Consultant Anaesthetist
- 40 Consultant Surgeons
The department consist of
- Anaesthetic Nurse –Led Preoperative patient assessment
- Day of Surgery Admission Unit
- 12 Bed Holding Bay
- 12 Operating theatre rooms with adjoining anaesthetic rooms
- 15 Bay Recovery Room
- Three bedded Post Anaesthetic Care Unit
- Emergency Response Nurse Bleep to attend ERT calls in the wards on a bi-weekly basis.
- Additional areas covered by Anaesthetic Team: Radiology-MRI & CT.