Disclaimer for the Provision of Education/Training by the Centre for Learning & Development at Tallaght University Hospital
Attendance and/or participation in the above programme which is provided by, or on behalf of, Centre for Learning & Development (CLD) at Tallaght University Hospital (TUH) is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- This programme is developed solely for the purposes of TUH requirements in the interests of protecting and improving the health of the public in respect of the knowledge and training of nurses, midwives and other employees of a healthcare provider who are engaged in a healthcare environment (whether public and/or private).
- In light of these purposes, this programme is intended to provide educational information to aid and augment an understanding of the theoretical subject matter presented and/ or the practical application of certain skills and competencies.
- It is the individual responsibility of each practitioner to assess and maintain his/her own competence in respect of any situation and to assess the limitations of his/ her competence. This programme is not intended to affect, interfere with or limit a person’s individual responsibility to practice safely and effectively within his/ her scope of practice and in accordance with any local policies, guidelines and/ or protocols which may exist.
- The TUH shall have no liability, whether in (a) contract, (b) tort, (c) statute or (d) otherwise, for any injury, loss, damage or claim arising out of, or in connection with, any person’s attendance and/ or participation ithis programme including but not limited to the subject matter thereof and/ or arising out of the use of any handbooks, guidance notes, other documentation, oral presentations/ demonstrations, web-based learning tools or any other instruction or materials provided as part of this course (the “Materials”), howsoever arising.
- Any Materials provided by TUH as part of this programme are provided for information and guidance purposes only. TUH makes no representation assurance, warranty or guarantee of any kind whatsoever in relation to the Materials. The provision of the Materials is without prejudice to the obligation of persons attending and/ or participating in this programme to continually develop themselves as professionals, where applicable.
- If and to the extent that any provision in this Disclaimer is held to be unenforceable, illegal or void in whole or in part, it will to that extent be deemed not to form part of this Disclaimer and the enforceability, legality and validity of the remainder of this Disclaimer will not be affected.
- Nothing in this Disclaimer shall limit or exclude the liability of the TUH in a manner which is prohibited by law.
- This Disclaimer shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Irish Law.
These terms and conditions are without prejudice to the operation of the Clinical Indemnity Scheme and the professional responsibilities of any persons attending and/or participating in this programme.