- A Single Centre Experience of Prosthetic Joint Infection Outcomes with Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy.
A Kutubi, L O’Brien, B Murphy, P Fitzpatrick, C Hurson, D Rajendran, E Feeney, P Mallon, S Waqas
Heliyon Published 11th April 2023
- Importance of excluding invasive Aspergillus infection prior to immunosuppression.
Zahid A, Waqas S
Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh Published 17th June 2022
- Discharge delaying factors for Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy (OPAT) suitable patients in an Irish Tertiary Hospital during COVID-19
Staunton S, Rajendran D, Maher P, McCann J, McNicholas S, Feeney E, O’Broin C, Savinelli S, Mallon P, Watson A, Waqas S
JAC-Antimicrobial Resistance Published 14th Oct 2021
- An Alarm Bell: Increase in Multidrug Resistant and Extended Drug Resistant Enteric Fever over 10 years.
The Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh JRCPE
Published Sep 2021 ( https://doi.org/10.4997/JRCPE.2021.330 )
- Changing attitudes towards Annual Influenza Vaccination amongst staff in a Tertiary Care Irish University Hospital.
Kearns E, Callanan I, O’Reilly A, Purcell A, Tuohy N, Bulfin S, Smyth A, Bairead E, Fitzgerald S, Feeney E, Waqas S.
Irish Journal of Medical Sciences Published 13th May 2021
- Diagnosis of tuberculosis with molecular methods and treatment of Axial Skeleton Tuberculosis
Kelly NW, Waqas S.
The Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh JRCPE published 23rd Jan 2021
- Prospective observational study of respiratory Aspergillus colonization or disease in patients with various stages of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease utilizing culture vs non-culture techniques.
Waqas S, Dunne K, Talento AF, Wilson G, Martin-Loeches I, Keane J, Rogers TR.
Medical Mycology published 14th Sep 2020
- Tocilizumab Therapy in Individuals with COVID-19 Infection and Hyper inflammatory State.
McCarthy C., Savinelli S., Feeney E.R., Butler M.W., O’Broin C., Ryan S., O’Neill L., Murphy D.J., Gallagher C.G., McKone EF., Waqas S., Cotter A., Doran P, Keane M.P., Mallon P.W.
Respirology Published 21st July 2020
- There is more to this fever than meets the eye: A case of neuroleptic malignant like syndrome (NMLS) secondary to withdrawal of procyclidine and dopamine agonists on a background of long- standing flupenthixol depot use
Waqas S, Talty M, O’Keefe S, Flood J, Doherty A,
Irish Journal of Psychological Medicine; 2020 Apr 8:1-4 (PMID 32264984)
- Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome Under Recognized Across the Irish Sea!
S Waqas, A Baqi, MA Rasheed, E Kelly
The Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2019 Dec;49(4):345-346 (PMID 31808466)
- What stops doctors switching from intravenous to oral antibiotics?
D Hogan-Murphy, S Waqas, H Tuite, U NiRiain
Irish Medical Journal 2019 Vol 112; No. 8; P987 (PMID: 31650816)
- A Unique Case of Concurrent Long Bone Osteomyelitis and Empyema caused by Fusobacterium nucleatum
Waqas S, Bannan C, Byrne D, O’Connel S, Clarke S, Merry C
Irish Medical Journal 2018 Jan; 111(1): 675 (PMID: 29869856)
- Influenza Vaccine Uptake amongst In-patients in Acute Medical Unit of a Tertiary Care Irish Hospital.
Waqas S, O’Callaghan M, Bury E, Collins O, Kelly E, McGrath E
Irish Medical Journal 2016 Nov/Dec; 109(10): 491 (PMID: 28644596)
- Experience of Dolutegravir in HIV infected treatment naïve patients from a tertiary care University Hospital in Ireland.
Waqas S, O’Connor M, Levey C, Mallon P, Sheehan G, Patel A, Avramovic G, Lambert JS
Sage Open Medicine 2016 Oct; 4:1–3 (PMID: 27826447)
- Appropriateness of medical admissions and of continued in-patient stay at an acute Irish hospital.
Waqas S, Galvin Z, Demirdal VD, O'Connor T, Windrim C, McCormick K, Doyle R, Chadwick G
Irish Medical Journal 2016 March; 109(3): 380 (PMID: 27685827)
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) In HIV Infected Pregnant Women, With Focus on Protease Inhibitors.
Waqas S, Lambert JS
Future Virology 2015; 10(7): 915-922.
- Adequacy of pleural fluid tests in a hospital setting.
Waqas S, McGing P
Hospital Doctor of Ireland 2014 Feb; 20(1):24-6
- The prevalence of Renal Complications in NIDDM
Sheikh AJ, Khan AA, Najib U, Waqas S, Shah IA, Qureshi HN, Hashmi T, Shakeel S, Iqtidar S, Zahoor Z, Khan SJ
2006 Apr-June; (5): 11-3