Children's GP Liaison Office Opening Hours
- The office is open between 9.30am and 1:30pm Monday to Friday.
- The direct line is 01 414 2396
- The fax number is 01 414 3890
- The email address is Pauline.Deacy@tuh.ie
Useful Direct line phone numbers
GP LIAISON SERVICE IN CHILDREN'S EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
- The GP liaison nurse in the Children’s emergency department is Ms Pauline Deacy CNM II.
- The objective of this service is to improve patient care through effective communication between the Children's Emergency Department and the General Practitioner and other community services.
- The GP can contact the GP Liaison nurse to access information such as test results and radiology reports. Assistance with queries is also available.
- The GP Liaison nurse can also offer guidance with regard to the appropriate referral process required for a patient.
- The GP Liaison nurse will keep the GP up- to- date with regard to the patients’ condition and follow-up needs.
GP REFERRING TO THE ED
Please ring ahead on 01 414 3558 if you are concerned anout a patient or need advice
- Please type the letter if possible.
- Please ensure patient contact details such as name, address, phone number and date of birth are legible.
- Enclose your fax number if you wish a discharge summary to be sent by return fax.
Triage Process for GP referrals to the Children’s Emergency Department
- Children referred by a GP will undergo exactly the same triage process as a child attending without a GP letter.
- Children will be seen first by a triage nurse, they are then allocated a category based on the child’s condition and will be reviewed sooner if their condition changes.
Frequently asked questions
- Direct referrals for a paediatric outpatient EEG investigation must ne referred to Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin
- Forensic examination is not available in the Paediatric Emergancy Department. Please phont the department for advice in relation to children requiring this specialist service on 01 414 3510.
- Any chid who comes to the hospital for a GP referred x-ray will ne directed to the Paediatric Emergency Department if an appointment has not been made.
- WE are happy to provide advice and information to GPs at any time. Please contact the GP liaison Nurse or Consultant of the day.
- Children under five years of age attending for x-ray or Ultrasound must ne accompanied by two adults (neither pregnant).
Patient Information Leaflets
Patient Information leaflets are available to download. We recommend that the GP/Practice Nurse/Public Health Nurse discuss the leaflet and its contents with the parent/guardian prior to its distribution.
Please set your printer to short edge duplex and double sided if you want to print the leaflet on a single A4 page.
Patient information leaflets on various childhood illnesses and procedures are available here.
Please click here to access Patient Information Leaflets