Cardiac Rehabilitation has always been a leader in education not only for patients but for staff.
The first ever Masters programme in Ireland in cardiac rehabilitation began with Trinity College and the Adelaide & Meath Hospital in 2002.
The cardiac rehabilitation department has produced research to improve the way in which we deliver care to the patient with heart disease. The following are some of the articles that have been written.
- “Cardiac Rehabilitation- The development of a programme from existing resources, The Adelaide/Meath Experience”. Nursing Review Autumn 1996; Vol. 15 No. 1: 15-18
- “Hospital Heart Health” Cardiovascular risk factors in hospital personnel”. Nursing Review Winter 1996/97; Vol. 15 No. 2: 55-58
- “Nursing patients through rehabilitation” The world of Irish Nursing 1997; Vol. 5 No. 9: 18-19
- “Cardiac patients’ perceived education and use of sub-lingual Glyceryl Trinitrate prior to commencement of out-patient Cardiac Rehabilitation.” Coronary Health Care 1999 Vol. 3 No.3: 128-135
- “Elderly Heart Patients can be enrolled in Standard Rehabilitation Programmes”. An Bord Altranais News 1999 Vol. 11 No. 4:3-5
- Diabetes and Heart Disease from a Nursing Perspective World of Irish Nursing Dec 2001 Vol 9 (10) 20-22 World of Irish Nursing Jan 2002 Vol 10 (1) 36-37
- Hospital Anxiety and Depression in Cardiac Rehabilitation National Council for the Professional Development of nursing and midwifery newsletter summer 2003 Issue 10 12 European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing April 03 Volume 3 Number 1
- Do Cardiac Rehabilitation staff detect, address and arrest potential problems and complications for cardiac patients? European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing Volume 3 Number 1 April 04 European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation May 2004 Vol 11 Supp 1 010
- Taking care of body & mind. World of Irish Nursing June 2005
- Role of Cardiac Rehabilitation. S Ingram & N Fallon World of Irish Nursing March 2006
- Blood Pressure Management N. Fallon World of Irish Nursing April 2006 Vol 14 (4) 35-36
- Current thinking on Sudden Death. World of Irish Nursing May 2006
- Lipid management. S Ingram & N Fallon World of Irish Nursing June 2006
- Risk Factors in Cardiac Rehab patients: Metabolic Syndrome revealed European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing Volume 4 Number 1
- The effect of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training on psychological variables of cardiac rehabilitation patients. S. Ingram, J Gormley, V, Maher, K Bennett Resuscitation 2006 Vol.71 (1) 89-96
- Managing Stable angina World of Irish Nursing December 2006
- Metabolic Syndrome World of Irish Nursing January 2007
- Rehabilitation of the Patient with Coronary Heart Disease Ian graham, Shirley Ingram Noeleen Fallon Vincent Maher Chapter 67 Hurst’s the Heart 12th Edition 2008 McGraw Hill Medical. New York
- Anxiety and Depression in Cardiac patients World of Irish Nursing May 2008
- The Clinical Value of 24-Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring in Cardiac Rehabilitation. Caroline Finn, Shirley Ingram, Noeleen Fallon, Nora Flynn. Abstract published in European Society Cardiology Journal 2008.
Blood Pressure.pdf (size 124.4 KB)
Publications 2009-2015.docx (size 14.2 KB)