Dr. Tobin’s clinical interests are in inflammatory skin disease (psoriasis and hidradenitis suppurativa) and skin cancer.
She runs a systemic clinic for patients with psoriasis and eczema and a hidradenitis suppurativa clinic.
She also provides skin cancer screening for renal transplant patients and a pigmented lesion clinic.
Dr. Tobin is involved in Clinical Research and Clinical Trials in psoriasis, hidradenitis suppurativa and eczema
Dr. Anne – Marie Tobin is dual-qualified in Medicine and Pharmacy from Trinity College Dublin.
She also completed a PhD in Translational Medicine from University College Dublin.
Following completion of Specialist Registrar training in Dermatology Dr. Tobin undertook a Clinical Fellowship in Psoriasis in St. Vincent’s University Hospital and a PhD in Translational Medicine in UCD.
She then took up a post of Locum Consultant in the Mater in 2010 and commenced her Consultant Post in Tallaght University Hospital and Naas Hospital in 2011. She is also a Senior Lecturer in Medicine in Trinity College Dublin.
Irish Association of Dermatologist Burrows Cup for Best Laboratory Research 2010
Royal Academy of Medicine Ireland Jacob’s Medal for Best Clinical Research 2011
Dr. Tobin was appointed Clinical Lead for the National Clinical Programme in Dermatology in 2014.
- Vice Chair Research Ethics Committee St James and Tallaght University Hospital 2012
- Member of Scientific Committee of the Irish Association of Dermatologists
- Member of the International Psoriasis Council
- Member of the European Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation
- Irish Association of Dermatologists
- Royal Academy of Medicine Ireland
- Irish Society of Immunology
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society for Investigative Dermatology
- Royal society of Medicine (London)