The Adult Phlebotomy (Blood Tests) Department offers two types of services (see below for Paediatric information):
- GP Referral Service 8.30am to 2.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Out-Patient Clinic Referral Service 8am to 4.45pm, Monday to Friday.
Please read the information below depending on the service you require.
GP Referral Service Blood Test
Directions to Adult GP Blood Tests Area: On arrival at the main hospital entrance, continue past the information desk and take the first turn right after the lifts. Then take the first turn right into the Adult GP Blood Test Area. Take a seat in the waiting area on the right hand side and wait for your name to be called.
Please make an appointment if you wish to use the GP Phlebotomy service in Tallaght University Hospital. This appointment service has also been rolled out in Peamount Hospital.
Click here to view User Guide
Click here to view Video
- You must have a Tallaght University Hospital request form signed by your GP to avail of this service.
- Confirm with your GP if you are required to fast for your blood test.
- You may have sips of water during your fast.
- Check with your GP if you should take your medication before your blood test.
Out-Patient Clinic Referral Service
Directions to Adult Out Patient Blood Tests Area: Enter via the main entrance and take the second left. Out-patient phlebotomy is just down the corridor at the seating area.
Please take a blue ticket, then take a seat and wait for your number to be called.
At present this is a walk in service. As afternoons are quieter than mornings, they may be suitable for patients who are not required to fast for their blood tests.
Please make sure to bring all forms with you.